Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 

One of my oriental lilies from Timothy Lane.
______________________________
FOR TODAY   20 February, 2013

Outside my window...It is dark and cold, temp. 25F, but we have a steady wind coming off of Lake Erie making it feel like it is much colder. The freezing rain/snow mix doesn't help.

I am thinking...how wonderful it is to see the various moods of the lake in winter and that we actually live here to see it every day.

I am thankful...for a warm house and electricity.

In the kitchen...tonight's meatloaf is cooling, so I can slice it later and package it up for the freezer.

I am wearing...my purple Pasmina shawl...takes the chill off my shoulders and is very cozy.

I am creating...this Simple Woman's Daybook. I noticed it in a blog I discovered today through Starwood Quilter.

I am going...tomorrow evening, Opa(German for Grandpa and my DH) and I are attending the Taste of the Northcoast @ Kalahari resort with new friends that live behind us across the golf course. The event will be featuring local restaurants and their wares. We figured it would be another venue to get to know our new locale better.

I am wondering...if we'll get any more real snow this winter...not just the scattered snow squalls that don't amount to anything.

I am reading...The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas, as part of a quilters' book club through Starwood Quilter blog

I am hoping...all goes well for my daughter and grandaughters tomorrow...long story.

I am looking forward to...Spring and seeing how many of my newly planted Spring bulbs will come up. My crocuses have been up since the beginning of January, not bloomed, just out of the ground. VERY unusual for us.

I am learning...to quilt. It began about two years ago when a high school classmate passed away, leaving her twin sister grieving. They were/are both quilters. It has been such a joy to be creative again. Thank you Sharon and Susan.

Around the house...Opa is building a bar in the upper loft area. It gets pretty noisey around here when he's hard at it. It will have a white beadboard front and a mahogany top. It will be a magnificent "man corner".

I am pondering...

A favorite quote for today..."Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but rather learning how to dance in the rain"...ok that might not be it exactly, but you get the sentiment.

One of my favorite things...beautiful oriental lilies. There is a sprig in my current flower arrangement for Valentine's Day from my sons. The home we sold last year had magnificent clusters of them growing in the front gardens. The new owners dug them all out.  :(

A few plans for the rest of the week: ....contemplating setting up quilt blocks for the new quilty book club I'm in. Checking in on my mom and dad.

A peek into my day...cleaning, cooking and laundry are just so everyday.
 
Joyfully submitted,
The Baroness of Thomas Haus, HRH Queen Yours Truly

as adapted from:   http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

 

 





 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love lilies. My first daughter is named Julie. In Japanese it is "Yuri" which means lily, and "eh" which means picture. I am from the shores of Lake Erie, a mis-placed Ohio star. I am so looking forward to the quilting book club and glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete